This position is located in JERSEY CITY, NJ Area.
W2 Candidates Only. No Agencies.
INTERESTED? Please send resumes to James Derrick.
- Provide 24/7/365 primary systems dba support of all Oracle rac & standalone databases and related systems on Linux, Solaris x64, and AIX
- Provide 24/7/365 primary dba support of all Microsoft SQL Server clustered and non clustered databases.
- Provide 24/7/365 primary dba support of all Sybase Server clustered and non clustered databases
- Provide 24/7/365 primary application dba support of specific global database applications, performing application releases, app/data patching.
- Supporting the business on-call after business hours and weekends on a rotation basis for Oracle/SQL/Sybase
- Lead database development, tuning and optimization expertise to application development and support teams on an ah-hoc or continual basis.
- Contribute towards Architecture, Engineering of Db solutions. Develop, Document and Deploy Standards and Procedures to comply with Audit, Configuration, Industry and Security baselines.
- Proactively monitor all database systems utilizing vendor supplied and BNP Paribas standard tools.
- Maintain complete inventory, config and documentation of deployed systems.
- Engineer high availability Database Systems based on Oracle and SQL Server.
- Remediate database security baselines, policies, standard procedures and best practices.
- Work within the project management framework defined for IT Production North America.
- Cross train members of the Database team in all responsibilities and maintain a daily and weekly rotation schedule for these.
- Liaise with application and business clients to gather requirements, design and deploy standard systems which clearly differentiate between production, development, UAT, and DR.
- Identify operational and infrastructure risks within the environment and work with the application development team and business to make corrections and mitigate risks.
- Ensure that all systems are backed up and monitored according to the business requirements and notify the data owners when there are failures.
- Ensure optimal resilience of deployed systems and meet all disaster recovery and compliance requirements dictated by the business.
- Liaise with UNIX/Storage/Network Engineers in troubleshooting issues.
- Maintain top-notch technical skills and business knowledge through proactive self-learning in addition to any formal instructor-led training provided by BNP Paribas.
- Interface with external vendors in troubleshooting complex, cross-platform issues.
- Provide comprehensive cross-training for engineers and support personnel on front-line database client troubleshooting and support
- Expert knowledge of Oracle, Sql, and Sybase database concepts, development and administration with Five years+ as Oracle/Sql DBA in a production environment.
- Oracle, Sql and Sybase Development and/or Application DBA experience, strong Sql, T-Sql, RDMS knowledge. Well – rounded system dba and application dba skills a must.
- Expertise in Oracle ASM, RAC, CRS, RMAN, Dataguard, and replication administration and troubleshooting
- Expertise in SQL cluster, mirroring administration and troubleshooting
- Good knowledge in Sybase ASE, IQ and replication
- Must have extensive and proven troubleshooting, recovery, db and app optimization & administration experience in large and mission critical enterprise environments (50+ managed servers).
- Strong Unix, Windows experience (sysadmin/power-user level reqd.), Programming & Shell scripting skills, Perl.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related area preferred
- Seven years+ Oracle experience a must
- Five years+ Sql experience a must
- Five years+ Sybase experience a must
- Financial Industry experience a must
- Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and good end-user support skills.
- Must be well-organized, responsible, work effectively as a technical lead in a project management framework, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to multitask in a dynamic trading environment.
- Ability to perform 7 x 24 hour support on a rotation basis and wear a pager and/or blackberry device.